What is a Macaron?
- Different from its American cousin the Macaroon (a coconut based cookie) with 2 o’s pronounced ma-ka-rune.
Macaron are French cookie made from a perfect blend of meringue, almond flour and powdered sugar.These are then sandwiched together with a filling, typically a chocolate ganache, buttercream or jam.
How should I store my macarons?
- Macarons can be stored in refrigerator for up to a week or in a freezer for up to a month (if kept wrapped in plastic film or in a box)
How should I serve my macarons?
- Macarons should be served a little cooler than room temperature.
- Take the macarons out of the refrigerator and let sit in room temperature for 10- 15 minutes depending on the flavors and then serve.
- Ganache and fruit filling can be consumed right out of the fridge.